Friday, May 22, 2009

The Invisble Chimes Book Review

The Invisible Chimes was the third book written in the Judy Bolton Series and was published in 1932. 

This is the second Judy Bolton in the series that I have read. (Book 1 was the first) I was a bit concerned in the first few chapters when the book kept referring to what Judy found out/did in the second book which I hadn't read and didn't want too much story info on. After I was over that issue this book was real easy to get into reading. 
Although I didn't feel that it advanced the character of Judy as the first book had (I didn't think I learnt a lot of new things about Judy)  the story was definately compelling. 
I did feel that this cover art spoilt the book somewhat though because as soon as Honey gets the hammer out the front cover art basically showed you what she was doing with it.
I wasn't sure that I could be turned around to like the Honey character but the story was well written and the final twists (which you knew was coming but it was how it was written) made you finish the story feeling you would be happy to see her in future stories.

No comments:

Post a Comment